1. Support Center
  2. Funding My Self-Directed Account
  3. Rolling Over a 401(k) or Other Employer Plan

How Do I Rollover a 401(k) or Other Employer Plan?

Rollovers from a 401(k) or other Employer Plan require that you contact your Plan Administrator.

Rollovers from a 401(k) Plan or other Employer sponsored Plan are a two-step process:

First, you must contact your Plan Administrator to initiate a Direct Rollover.  They will have a form for you to complete.

Second, we need to know we're expecting funds on behalf of your account here.  As such, please complete the Employer Plan Rollover Deposit Form linked here.


401(k)'s or other Employer Plans with current employers may not allow you to move funds until you're either at retirement age or until you've terminated your employment.  Your Plan Administrator will be able to advise on what, if any funds can rollover out of your 401(k).